Saturday, December 16, 2006
Worried
Well there is another thing that I have had on my mind lately so I figured that I may as well right about it. So, for those of you who don't know, after Christmas I am going on a missions trip for school. I'm a bit nervous about this, but not for the same reason that other people are. I have an uncle that lives in Calgary. I don't know how long it has been now but he is homeless. I think in a sense he has been homeless for awhile..just not fully. He had an apartment to live in up until about summertime but because of how he is, he got kicked out. He has hepatitis and he is also bipolar. Because of this he has to take a lot of medication. And it wouldn't really surprise me if he was taking more medication then he should be. There has been so many times where he has suddenly woken up in the hospital, his wallet gone, everything he had with him gone, and he doesn't remember a thing. He found a different place to live in after that, it was a place run by a Christian couple, and it was a really good place for him. He got kicked out after about 2 weeks. I'm not sure for how long it has been now, but he is currently at the drop in center in Calgary. That is one of the places that I will probably be going during this missions trip. I'm really not sure what I should do if I see him there. Like do I go and talk to him? Or do I just pretend I don't see him? I know that I should probably just go and talk to him if I see him..but it just seems like it would be so awkward. I was talking to my other uncle about this and he said that I should go and talk to him if I do see him..even though it may be hard for both of us. Because more than likely my uncle would find it embarassing and hard for me to see him like that..so I'm just really not sure what to do. Prayers and advice on this would really be greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Vic again. Thats a tough one. Thats so rough, i'm sorry to hear that. And as hard as it may be, nobody can change without help. Maybe you guys going on a mission trips is just the kind of help he may need. There could be two outcomes.. he could be angry. or 2 he could take it to hurt and change totally. How awesome would that feel? It would be hard since he is a member of your family, but I think as a group you guys have a lot of power and could help him. Give it some thought.
Post a Comment