Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Theories
So, if there is one thing that I tend to enjoy, it is theories. I have many theories on just about everything (most of which usually involve a conspiracy). But really, if someone doesn't understand why something happened the way it did, I'll have a theory. If someone doesn't know the answer to something, I will have a theory to what the answer is. I just always have theories going on in my mind. I recently got into a discussion with someone about my not liking much physical contact, mainly, hugs. This person asked me why it is that I don't like hugs. I couldn't give an answer. I don't know why it is that I don't like hugs, it's just how I've been for I don't know how long now. It's one thing that I have never had a theory about. This person wanted an answer though. So of course, we discussed it, and this person gave me a theory on it, which I enjoyed, and I have been contemplating it ever since, and I've been wondering how accurate it is. The theory that this person gave me was that the reason I don't like physical contact, and especially hugs, is because I'm afraid to let people get close to me. Is that true? Am I afraid of that? Sometimes I think I may be just because of how people in the past have hurt me. Has that made me be afraid to be open to others mentally and physically? I know that it had mentally but physically..it just seems like a stretch. But then when I think about it, very rarely do you give someone that you can't stand a hug. If you hug someone usually it's because you like that person. Now when I say like I don't mean like as in a guy girl like, just a like as in 'hey you're my friend, I like you'. So do I not like hugs because it could show that people care about me and like me and I'm afraid to get that close to people? It really is something to think about, because really, it could be possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Holy junk, Andie! THat's deep! Can't wait for our dinner date!
Post a Comment