Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Road Trip

Highlight of my summer definitely just happened. Went up to Manitoba with Jenni and Steph to visit a whole wack load of people. Only thing that really has been planned for this summer. It was a really good time. It was really a much needed time for me. The trip up there was lots of fun with lots of random stops which always makes it more fun. I could go into details about everything everyday but I don't really want to. I'm just going to talk about my highlights of the trip. These aren't in any particular order, but of course one highlight was seeing lots of people from school. I saw a lot of the people that I got close to over the year so that was nice. Now if I just make it to Calgary I'll be able to see almost everyone that I got really close to this past year. Another highlight was taking two things off my life goal list: dirtbiking and quading. So much fun! I didn't dirtbike for very long and of course I didn't drive it because theres a good chance that I would've been seriously injured had I tried that. I did drive the quad though. Many times, for quite some time. I first got a ride on it but then I got to drive after only being on it once. And holy crap are those things fun! Makes me want to do it again now. Another highlight was the night that we went to the fireworks. Jenni told us all a story about a boy that she had met and he felt like no one cared about him and was close to giving up. Jenni got to talk to him and helped him out, and after telling us that story we all prayed for her. I thought it was the coolest thing that we could all sit there in a circle with our heads bowed, praying. There was so many people around us partying and drinking, probably some even doing drugs. As people were praying you could hear others around us swearing and it was just so cool to be able to sit there and pray. It makes me wonder what the people who walked by us thought. There's a bunch of younger people sitting in a circle praying. It's not something that gets seen to often on Canada Day. I just think it was cool that we could do that, not caring what people thought, and there's a good chance that we may have made an impression on some people. So that was really sweet. Next highlight was having strawberries at every meal at Chris' house. Man were those good strawberries, not even just the strawberries but all the food. Speaking of food, that reminds me of another highlight. Applebees. I have wanted to go there for some time now and I finally did. It was a little bit expensive, but it was good. I don't remember the last time I had a sandwich that good. I got the bbq chicken sandwhich which had chicken, bacon, tomato, lettuce, cheddar cheese, montoray jack all on a sandwhich..so good..so good. Well those are all the highlights I can think of right now, though there are more since the whole weekend was a highlight in general. It's going to become an annual thing hopefully. At least that's what we were talking about. Oh, one more highlight. The c.d.'s that Keith made us. Keith made us each a c.d. with each song on it for a reason. It was so much fun listening to them and it was stellar to see how much he completely nailed our music personalities. I'm looking forward to finding out the reasons why they're on the c.d.'s. This weekend has made me eager for school though. And that is only two months away, so that's not to bad. I just hope that it goes quickly.

No comments: