Sunday, June 3, 2007
Summer
So, seeing as how it has been over a month since my last post, I figured it was about time that I post a new one. So hopefully people read this and I'm not just wasting my precious time lol. Well I started working at a&w at the start of May. At first the job was going pretty good, my boss was nice, the hours were good, it was a good pay and so on. I was working in the back which I expected to hate but I was being moved to the front two weeks later. The back really wasn't so bad. There was always something to do which was really nice, and I got to hang out with one of the guys that work back there and he was pretty cool. I got to talk to him about God a few times which was really awesome. He used to believe in God but sorta lost that belief and now he's living with his girlfriend and has two kids. He used to be really into drugs but he's gotten out of that. So if people could pray for him and that maybe I could have more opportunities to talk to him that would be really great. So as I mentioned before my boss was nice. After about the first week though she turned nasty. She was grumpy, and snappy, and it just really made working for her hard. Also I had no respect for her because of the way she talked, and also how she always talks behind peoples backs. If she needs to complain about her staff to management go ahead, but it doesn't need to be done in front of other employees. So I was moved to the front just recently, and that is when my hours got cut almost in half. My boss claims that she told me that I couldn't get full time in the front, which she never did tell me. So I went job hunting. Shell in my town was hiring full time so I applied there and got the job. So I think I may be working weekends there which means two days during the week are free. So I may work at a&w those days. This last week there hasn't been to bad though. Two of the days I got to be outside. One day was with a girl in the front. We went out and got the garbage out of the bushes and stuff, then the second time was with the guy in the back we just picked garbage up from around the parking lot and stuff. I keep getting picked on at work. It's rather funny. It's mostly from the guy in the back, Jordan. He always makes fun of me and calls me midget and stuff. It's fun though. So with a new job I was worried that the Manitoba road trip that Steph Jenni and I are planning wouldn't work out. I mentioned the dates to my new boss though and she said it probably wouldn't be a problem to get that time off. So that's really awesome. I'm excited about the trip because I'm really missing people from school. Caezar phoned me tonight though. As much as I hate the phone it was still awesome to talk to someone from school. And I found his phone call really encouraging. He said some things that I was really needing to hear. So Caezar if you're reading this, thanks for making me talk on the phone lol. So I'm really not sure what else to say. I'm really eager for summer to be over and to get back to school. Other then work and the road trip not much will be happening this summer. I have done some garage saling though which has been good. Langham had their garage sale day and I got some awesome stuff, and sometimes on Friday's I stay in the city after work and I do some garage saling in the city. That's been pretty awesome. Nothing like garage sales to make me happy. Recently went and saw the movie Premonition. That was a pretty crazy movie. I still haven't decided yet if I liked it or not. Living at home hasn't been to bad this summer. I was expecting it to be pretty bad because last summer was just about awful. It really hasn't though. So that's a huge relief. I've been doing a lot of reading this summer. Read Life of Pi and I've also read a whole wack load of Ted Dekker. Now that is an author that I love! I highly recommend his books to everyone! Seriously, check them out! So hopefully I will have more updates to put up soon, it will hopefully be less than a month before the next one. And to all you reading this have a good summer and keep in touch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment