Monday, April 9, 2007

Crazyness

So, it seems to be time for a rant. I do need to rant. I've been wondering lately about how young I really look. I have accepted the fact that I do look younger than 18. Just how much younger though? Of course this rant is going to come with stories. So awhile ago, I believe it was in February, I went to galaxy to see Pursuit of Happyness. When I went to buy my ticket the person there asked how old I was. It's a PG-13 movie. Like what the heck? Second story happened at Safeway. I was at Safeway not to long ago and there was a sample for perogies. So obviously being the free food lover that I am, I went for a sample. So the lady there just looked at me and then pointed to the sign about food allergies. I said that I have no food allergies, because obviously, I do know if I am allergic to anything. So then she looked at me for a minute and was like fine, but if anything happens to you it isn't my fault, the sign is right there. And then she very grudgingly gave me the perogie. Like seriously, I'm 18 I think I would know what I am allergic to. So my third story happened at the library. I had a bunch of movies on hold and then I was getting them checked out. So the lady checked them out, but put one to the side. After she checked out the rest she asked me how old I was. Once again I had to say that I am 18 and then she commented on how young I look. The movie was rated 14A. Like seriously, according to these people I look like I am 12 or something. This is going to give me a complex I think. I know that one day I am going to love looking younger, when I'm in my 30's or so. Right now though, I am really starting to get tired of it.
So now for the other topic of conversation that is on my mind. Is it bad to live in your own little world? I had this conversation recently with a friend. I don't really know how to explain it without making it sound weird. But okay, so there is this guy that I like. I am like 99.9% sure that he does not like me, which is where the problem comes in. I'm sure that people know what I am talking about when I say that even when you know that someone does not like you, it is still fun to entertain the idea that they might. As in when they say or do something, even though you know that nothing was meant by it, you can still twist it to make it into something. It makes time with that person more interesting, and it makes everything more entertaining. Is it a bad thing to do though? It came up with a friend in conversation about that. Is it just a way to mask the pain of that person not liking you back? I'm starting to think that it is. Obviously, no one likes to be hurt. It isn't fun to feel hurt, and it is a great feeling to know that you are liked, or 'liked.' It really is something to ponder. It is a good thing to accept the truth though. Maybe as long as you don't actually believe that it's real, then it is ok.
So, question of the day..or month since I probably will not have another question for quite some time, why is it when a girl likes a guy he always seems to start paying more attention to her closer friends? Can anyone answer me that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, for me there is two reasons why i pay attention to her best freinds,
1. you can tell alot about a person by their best friends, because you know that they would share their deepest secrets with them, and would feel very comfortable with them,and you would only do this with a best friend. You can also tell how the person is by their best friends, because they would only suround them selves with people that are like them, remeber it's not an relateionshipthe whole opposites atract thing doesn't apply here. Plus your friend would be alot like you because you would want to have a best friend that believes in thing you do and what not, so that they don't argu with you.
2. a guy will want the best friends to like him becasue if they like him then the girl will like him , and it will make the whole relateionshop easier.
Anthony Chaboyer

Anonymous said...

Well.. You look young for yr age however you look older than 12 and 13.. thats just silly. Next time you see someone u've never met before ask them lol.. cos its hard to tell you cos I already know how old you are. later
ViC