Monday, March 5, 2007

So lately I had been all excited about going on a trip. A bunch of us were going to go to a concert in Chicago..which is like a 22 hour or so car ride. I was so incredibly excited about it. But that's not happening anymore. The others are still going, but I decided not to. We had decided two weeks ago that we would go to this concert. So on Monday I started to have doubts about the trip, but I felt like I had to go because I didn't want to let my friend down since at that time there was only three of us going. The next day all of a sudden there was like 9 people wanting to go. Some decided not to, but by the end of the day there was six people wanting to go. Also the doubts that I was having were ones that really weren't that important. Such as if I went I would've missed out on the first unit meeting that I've actually been looking forward to in a long time, and I would have to miss an episode of 24, which would be sad since last week was a pretty good episode. And it was just all of these things that were not really a big deal at all, but there were meaning a lot. So by the end of Tuesday, I decided that I wasn't going to go. Then on Wednesday during Chapel I found out that today and tomorrow there is going to be a bunch of people from different ministry things and stuff coming out, and since I want to go into Urban Missions, I thought it would be a good idea to stay. So I think that the doubts I was having were put there by God, and that God wants me to stay here. So I'm content with that. It gives me a lot more money to spend which is good. Especially since this weekend I really overspent. On Friday I went to a couple of movies..5 of us went in and saw Ghost Rider. It was a decent movie. It was actually better then I expected it to be. And it was pretty clean which impressed me. There was a bunch of really dumb lines in the movie, but other then that it was really good. Then we went to Tim Hortons after and hung out for quite some time, then we decided to go to another movie. So we went to a midnight movie at Rainbow. Saw Children of Men. I highly recommend that movie. When I first started watching it I was like wow this is the biggest waste of money ever. By the time that it ended I was like wow that was a good movie. It was actually good..quite a bit of swearing though. But the story line was really interesting. I would probably watch it again. So then Saturday I went out for supper and to a Bethany hockey game. First game of the playoffs..we won. Though we have only lost one game so far this year, so we have a really good team. So that was good. Went to Wendy's yesterday for supper. I wasn't really wanting to because I spent way to much money this weekend, but I pretty much had no choice. This one guy just about forced me to because if I didn't go I would be ruining tradition. It was fun though so that was ok.

No comments: